Crooked or stained teeth are enough to wipe the smile off your face, but it is easy to get a new smile with the help of your dentist. Fortunately, there are quite a number of things you can do to make your smile prettier, whiter, and brighter. Whether you want better-looking teeth to help you look younger or to improve your social life, your dentist can help you get a smile makeover. The following are some of the factors you and your dentist will consider when choosing the right procedure for your teeth:
Procedures to Improve Your Smile
Are you a candidate for a smile makeover?
The word ‘makeover’ has been used a lot in pop culture to imply a complete overhaul of your appearance. Therefore, a person who has a single crooked tooth may think that they are not the right candidates for a new smile procedure. Fortunately, the smile makeover can be as minimalistic or as in-depth as you want. As long as you want healthier teeth and a great-looking smile, your dentist can help you achieve it.
Here are a few things a dentist will look at during your smile makeover consultation:
1. Oral health
During your first consultation, your dentist will discuss your oral history and examine your teeth to determine their present condition. This examination is usually very comprehensive, and it helps the dentist determine which treatment option will give you the smile you want. If you have any oral health problems, your dentist may recommend treatment procedures to improve the health of your teeth and your gums.
2. Reasons for seeking treatment
After ensuring your gums and teeth are healthy, your dentist will determine your reasons for seeking a cosmetic dentistry procedure in order to ensure he chooses an option that meets your needs. Remember that no reason is too flimsy for a smile makeover. Some of the main reasons why people visit their dentist’s office for smile makeovers include:
Cracked or chipped teeth
The following are some of the procedures that can help you smile again:
1. Porcelain veneers: A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain that sits on your teeth and hides issues like stains and discoloration. Whether your teeth are stained or misaligned, porcelain veneers can make them look brighter and straighter. Furthermore, veneers do not stain like natural teeth, making them very easy to keep clean.
2. Teeth whitening: Believe it or not, your teeth are porous, not solid. After years of drinking coffee and wine, the pores in your teeth collect the stains, resulting in a change in shade and color. Fortunately, teeth whitening can help make your teeth brighter. Though there are a number of store-bought teeth whitening products, it is always better to get the procedure done at your dentist’s office. This is because your dentist is more thorough, and the equipment he/she uses is much more effective at brightening your pearly whites.
3. Invisalign: If your teeth are not straight but you do not like the stigma associated with traditional braces, you can get Invisalign. Invisalign is virtually invisible, and it helps straighten your teeth without the use of brackets or wires.
4. Dental implants: If you have lost one or more teeth, dental implants can provide a natural-looking replacement. This procedure is permanent and can help restore your bite while allowing you to literally smile from ear to ear without worrying about gaps due to missing teeth.
If you are not happy with the smile you have, take comfort in the fact that you can get a new smile with a visit to a dentist. Depending on your needs, a cosmetic dentist will choose a treatment procedure that allows you to show off your best smile.
Call (956) 316-1582 to schedule an appointment with McColl Dental Center in our Edinburg dental office.
If you feel like you should keep your smile hidden, you should visit us for dental cosmetic services. We can help you become less embarrassed by the appearance of your teeth. Our dental cosmetic services …
Some people assume that it is not possible to restore the natural wear and tear of teeth. In reality, there are many methods for helping to restore teeth. By meeting with us, you will learn …
Regardless of how well you take care of your teeth, it's easy to end up with a chipped tooth or, even worse, a cracked or broken one. That's because chips can arise from a number …
Here are some good dental hygiene tips for kids that can be used to help your kids have a healthy smile today and in the future. We encourage parents to take this information and apply …